Friday, May 1, 2009

Caught Up on My Challenges, Almost

April Quilts Weeks Three and Four

I've been finished with the Weekly quilts for April since last week (April has five weeks, sort of, but my wall only fits four quilts a month, so that's all I'm doing!) But I finally got them bound and ready to hang.

I'm not sure why I've been so intimidated by reverse applique, but I found it pretty easy in these small quilts.

I continue to enjoy handwork. Tony and I are off to Colorado Springs, and I'm bringing along some beading projects--two more miniatures called "Blue on Black" and "Fields of Gold" and my April Spiritual Challenge called "God Answers to Many Names." I was inspired by Larkin Jean Van Horn and Deanna Hartman for my spiritual challenge this month, so I used a piece of my hand dyed fabric, added a central stone and a human figure and I'll bead it while I'm in Colorado. We'll be back on Friday, so be sure to check back then.

No comments: