Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm a Steamroller, Baby

Or at least I'll be printing with one on Friday night when Dayton Visual Arts Center has their Flat Out Fun
celebration at the old Greyhound Bus Terminal in downtown Dayton from 5-9 pm on Oct. 7. 
I've taken a trip back to my flower period with this print. I've carved lots of Easy Carve before, but I've never done a lino print.  Whew.  It was hard.  I finished it in one very long day, and I was sore afterward.  I can't decide if I want to print it before I take it to test it to see if I've carved it deep enough.  I've a few more days to decide.  I'll repost a print if I decide to cheat.

Otherwise, I'll see you in downtown Dayton on Friday.



2 comments:

jafabrit said...

It's really beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Very nice block! I can't wait to see what has happened with it. :)

Never having carved lino before, I'm a little nervous to attack mine.....sore wrists and hands do not sound appealing. Lisa