Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sept. Weekly Quilt #2

 Bobbin Doodles #2
6x6"

Well, as promised, this week includes both bobbin drawing and hand stitching. I did cheat a little bit on the hand stitching as I outlined the circles with invisible thread before I started working the hand stitches. I know, I know, it looks like a Christmas wreath.I don’t know why I didn’t think of that when I choose this color way for this design, but it’s too late now.

This week, it’s almost all hand stitching, but I’ll be hanging out with a friend who isn’t feeling well on Tuesday, so I should have plenty of time then.The Radiance is nice to stitch on, even with the interfacing, but it isn’t very forgiving of mistakes.

I’m really having fun with the Zentangles designs.I’ve been making some samples for a youth class that I hope to teach, and it’s hard to mess them up.It is very meditative, especially if I remember to breath.

2 comments:

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

I didn't see the Christmas wreath until you pointed it out, I think the green might be too yellowish for me to think Christmas. But I did see the letter "C".

Lori Gravley said...

Yeah, in this orientation there is definitely a letter C. Funny, as I've been thinking for the last few months that I'd like to explore some circular letters in my weeklies. Hmmmmm.