Thursday, June 18, 2009

June Weekly Quilt, Week 2

This quilt is the companion quilt to "White Nights." I've shown the detail first, and it should be obvious how my work for the miniatures show inspired these weekly quilts.

I wasn't able to use interfacing on "White Nights," and that made it more difficult to work with. For this quilt, I fused heavy interfacing to the back of the fabric to create a firmer surface for the beading.

I also completed the entire quilt--fusing, quilting, trimming, and sewing on the binding (but not sewing it down in the back)--before I began beading. I didn't do this with "God Answers to Many Names" and beads and needles broke as I sewed the binding on.

White Stars
6x6 inches

3 comments:

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person.

Carole said...

What a clever idea... one of these lovely small pieces a week!
I am new to your site, thanks to your post on mine...
I will be back.

Barb Forrister said...

I really like the contrast in these pieces. It allows you to see the details so well. Beautiful!