Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June Weekly Quilt: , Week 1

White Nights
6x6 inches

I had so much fund beading the miniatures for the miniatures show, I didn't want it to end, so this month, I'm playing with beading on quilts. I have a bit more freedom with how I bead since these quilts will be mounted on wooden frames.

For the first two weeks, I've played with high contrast; the second week is white on black.

I'm using purple and teal in the same tone for the third and fourth weeks, so it will be interesting to see if that makes the beading pop more.

I still haven't been able to take photographs I like of the beading work, but I think that's more a matter of my equipment; I don't have off the post flash, and I think that I need lights from the sides to make the beads really stand out.

I've included a detail. This time I used a bead reamer to put a hole through the middle of the computer key, and it worked just fine and saved me a trip to the wood shop out back.

No comments: